Sunday, August 3, 2014

  What twice in one day !  I needed to step away from a sewing project I'm working on for a mother of the groom.
 Now I can finish what I started to tell Yaw all. 
New ventures. I am one of three instructors at Brothers Sew & Vac. No I'm not a sales person silly. I'm one of the sewing instructors . So far I have 0 students , I know funny right ? It's ok this gives me time to learn on all the sewing machines Oscar has for sale, serger's, quilting and embroidery machines .  One day a week and a bit of a drive . We will have to see how it goes.
And  I have gone over to the dark side , say what ! yes I'm going to quilt. This is something I thought I would never want to do but quilting has come a long way with the new machines that do just of about everything for you. I'm taking a long arm class at a Viking Sewing machine store in Folsom ca. I'll be certified to use there very $$$$ mega quilting machine. This machine finishes up the top of your quilt. And that is a big job if you just have a reg. sewing machine. I cant even imagine stuffing all that fabric under mine. What a class right !
 And I'm opening up a Etsy Shop to sell my lovely's . A little of this and that. Meaning doggie bow ties and apparel and SOAP ! I know really. All organic. No Lye at all in the ingredients. Goats milk and Shea butter soaps. What nice gifts. And a fun project to keep me busy this winter.
 O.K. that it for today and I will be keeping pic. up of my soap makings at the end of Aug.
Any questions e-mail me at
nadine-bob@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment